Curse of the Clowns

I will never, ever trifle with clowns again. Just look at the havoc they have wrought:

First , drama!!

Then, disappearing comments!!

We lost nearly 200 ‘kus yesterday when my new WordPress site, The Dojo, decided to stop displaying all the comments. All of those brilliant, brilliant ‘kus. Gone. Forever.

But there’s hope, right? I’ll bet someone will read my plea on the support forum and come to my rescue! Right? Right??

***

UPDATE: The curse is lifted!! The support forum came through, and suggested I query the phpMyAdmin database to see if the comments were there but not showing due to a server error, and voila! There they were!

And just to show you all how dedicated I am, and how much I care about preserving some of the best ‘kuage EVAH (and some of the best drama), I edited them all and put them into their own little page here. All of the haiku from Week 12 are here.

Amalah, I think this can still go down in history as The Lost Smackdown

The comments in the smackdown entry below continue the love.

0 Responses to Curse of the Clowns

1. Fluffy May 27, 2004 at 10:49 pm #

noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

*breaks down in tears*
    Mind you… it was working when i ‘ku-ed. Obviously once i stopped wordpress was distraught and gave up the ghost. ;)

2. zoot May 28, 2004 at 3:58 am #

Damn girl – you are good. You handled all that swimmingly well, and I missed it.  Glad you recovered everything – and was it a wordpress issue? Its wasnt was it? I am switching to that to HOST the run the smackdown site – I hope its not a prob with wordpress. Happy Friday girl.

3. Amalah May 28, 2004 at 4:43 am #

Huzzah for Mindy, our Smackdown Hero!

Though I was kind of jazzed about having “A Lost Smackdown”…especially one so full of drama. It would become mythic…the stuff of legend! “Behold! I was there for the Lost Smackdown!”

We could sell t-shirts.

4. Sean Connery May 28, 2004 at 4:45 am #

I think you need to separate the haiku’s by genre, because the current four web pages for haiku is just not enough.

5. Mir May 28, 2004 at 5:54 am #

Mindy, you are a marvel in times of crisis!  People may suspect you staged this just to better showcase your remarkable powers of cool-headed coping.

And those clowns?  Please make them go away now.

6. mindy May 28, 2004 at 6:09 am #

I’m gonna have to go with: no. I don’t think it was a WordPress problem… although the coincidence of their site going down at the time my server error ate my comments is a bit much.

The good news is that things are recoverable, which is always good to know.

7. jilbur May 28, 2004 at 6:13 am #

all hail Mindy! you came through in time of crisis.
    My Calvary Clown haiku is in safe haven … *phew*
    Note my narcissism—even though I know that Mir and a few others kicked my sorry ‘ku ass yesterday!

8. Genuine May 28, 2004 at 6:16 am #

Actually, I see a book deal: Amalah and the lost Haiku.  Later a movie deal starring Mr. Connery and Judith Light.

9. nefarious May 28, 2004 at 6:48 am #

Yeah, that support forum is pretty good. Now if someone over there would get off of their collective asses and tell my why my categories won’t display correctly we’ll be in ‘bidness’.