Welcome back to 2005, 2006, and parts of 2007

Yep, it’s summer, the flowers are blooming, the kids are out of school, and I’m out of work. At least the theme is consistent. They shoot horses, don’t they?

The nonprofit I work for ran out of grant funds in May, and we’re not sure how long it will take to get new funding. Not in time for the mortgage, though! I checked with the camp office this morning to plead hardship and ask if I could shift some of the next three weeks to later in the summer, because, hey, I’m not working! And camp is hella expensive! And there’s no good way to say this, but what the hell: don’t know when child support will resume. Things are tough in both camps just now. I’ve got approximately ten percent of the mortgage payment in the bank, and am rifling my desk for uncashed checks, savings bonds, rings to sell…

So if you don’t see me or anything resembling a bubbly me for a bit, it’s because I’m busy redecorating Maslow’s basement.

0 Responses to Welcome back to 2005, 2006, and parts of 2007

1. jeanne28 June 24, 2008 at 3:22 pm #

How about writing another fabulous book.
    The first one was a hit………….
    Soon you will be on Oprah……I’ll watch for you and be sure to blow me kisses.
    Love Jeanne

Everyone is fighting a tough battle today my darling it seems.
    Love you
    Jeanne

2. Sarcasta-Mom June 24, 2008 at 4:36 pm #

*sigh* I’m right there with you. My kids started summer camp this week, and I’m not sure how we’re going to pay for it. My husband’s been out of work, like, forever. And child support? Late again. I’ve informed the kids it’s time for them to get jobs. I was only half kidding.

Good luck!

3. Kim June 25, 2008 at 12:45 am #

Sending you lots of money thoughts ~ I hope that all works out.  (I just know it will…it has to! You’ve had too much crap to deal with for the last however-the-hell-long-it’s-been-now!)

Wish I could front you a mortgage payment or two.

Hey, got anything to eBay?  Can you contact United Way’s First Call for Help in your area to see if they can help with your mortgage, or the electric bill, or something?  Worth a try….

Come on Universe ~ RAIN CASH MONEY ON MINDY!!!!

{{{hugs}}}

4. Cara Bertrand June 25, 2008 at 12:08 pm #

You should be able to find short term, quick cash merchandising and/or mystery shopping jobs on NARMS.com. They’re the National Association of Retail Marketing Services, and their job site has stuff all over, even in rural areas. It’s worth a look.

Nice blog ;)

-Cara Bertrand

5. simone June 25, 2008 at 12:58 pm #

oh…i forgot to mention that the show baby borrowers premieres tonight june 25th at 9pm on nbc for those of you who want to watch it…it’s a great show for moms like us…i highly recommend it…to learn about parenting…:)

6. jMom June 26, 2008 at 8:53 am #

Crap. I hope something good turns up for you soon!