I get a frazillion Google alerts a week for my name or blog (Thank you, everyone else who calls their blog “The Mommy Blog.”). Sometimes it comes in handy as something to put in my Press section; other times I begin to wonder whether I’m living to my full potential.
Here’s a roundup of what the other Mindy/Melinda Roberts’ are doing:
- In October 2009, Peace Corps Volunteers Becca Commissaris and Mindy Roberts took a break from their village activities and went to Namibia for some fun in the sun and some sand-surfing…..
- Assigning a short story for Wintersession 2010. ARCHETYPAL SYMBOLISM: UNIVERSAL RESPONSES TO TIME AND PLACE.
- The Melindaville Blog chronicles the journey of Melinda Roberts Tyler as she writes and publishes her memoir, “Lost and Found,” which details her experiences as a victim of childhood sexual abuse, as a sex industry worker. [Read about her] experiences involving the sex industry, heroin addiction, recovery, and the process of writing her memoir.
- Organizing outstanding sessions with David Lefkowitz on behalf of the American Philosophical Association’s Committee on Philosophy and Law at the Eastern Division meeting.
- Melinda Roberts Photography: Serving all of Western Colorado and Eastern Utah, specializing in weddings, high school seniors, families, children, boudoir, proms.
- CNN: Melinda Roberts has come up with strategies to assuage the fears of her kids Logan, 11, Dylan, 9, and Daphne, 7 on how to handle kids anxiety. Wait—that one WAS me. I believe it originally published with a misprint saying that I let my 7 year old watch Kill Bill with me. That was fun.
- Showing my handmade quilts at Quilters Guild of Greater Kansas City Quilt Show at Crown Center.
- Earning the Andrew Clark Hecht Public Safety Achievement Award with the Mount Rainier National Park’s climbing program.
- And lastly, I most certainly am not Hotel operator Leona Mindy Roberts Helmsley [who] became a billionaire in 1997 when she inherited the fortune of her late husband, real estate entrepreneur Harry Helmsley worth 2.2 billions.